Month: April 2014
How exciting is that?!
- Adjuncts, take note – Grievance 213 on adjunct bereavement leave has been settled and adjunct faculty are now eligible for bereavement leave!
- GRCC employees may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program which allows some portion of student loan debt to be forgiven. For details, see http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/charts/public-service.
- Enrollment numbers are running low for both Summer 2014 and Fall 2014. Encourage your students to enroll early, enroll often!
Full minutes are available under the Member Resources link…go there now, you know you want to…
Music by Franck, Brahms, Schubert, Giuliani, Gounod and other will be performed by musicians:
Libor Ondras, Viola
Brian Morris, Guitar
Sheryl Iott, Piano
Kenneth Bos, Piano
Diane Penning, Soprano
William Bokhout, Baritone
Come and enjoy the sounds of GRCC!
Minutes for the latest Faculty Council meeting are now available under the Member Resources menu link.
- This meeting was held on Pi Day (3/14) – no word on whether there was actually pie at the meeting
- A formal request has been made to expand year round base course load assignments – the administration has not responded yet
- Suggestions for a long-term solution for parking and traffic are being sought – ideas can be sent to Lisa Freiburger
- Proofreaders are still needed to complete the new contract, which cannot be published until it is completely proofed – volunteers, please contact Lyttron Burris
And… The agenda for the next Council meeting on March 28 is available as well – if you have anything to add, contact Fred van Hartesveldt! Faculty Council representatives whose terms are expiring are highlighted in yellow. Those departments or programs should select a representative for the term beginning in Fall of 2014.